Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2015

IMG_0028.JPG              Marine Blog    

The Marine to the left is my dad, Greg.   He works on jet engines to keep the jets in the air.  He used to be in the Marines in the “Supply and Munitions” department for a while, but now he is working at the Air National Guard in Portland.  He makes life safer for all the civilians (that means people not in the military).  

I’m proud of what he does for our country.  It wasn’t easy when he was deployed for 6 months, and my family didn’t have their dad at home.  Life felt a little boring, and we had to do a lot of extra work, like gardening and yard work, and my mom had to take care of all of us.  When he got home, we went to get pizza and have a party!  We were excited to have our dad back!  Now in the National Guard, he gets to come home almost every day.  We are a much happier family.  

I chose to write about the Marines, because I’m inspired by my dad.  I want to be a Marine in the future.

Great Marine Resource links:

Marine Corps Boot Camp Graduation


No comments:

Post a Comment